A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
We use the following types of cookies on our site;
- Preference Cookie – At your request we may place a cookie to remember your preferences so that you do not need to re-enter your details (country/age and language preferences) on our gateway page. This is not suitable if you share your computer with someone else.
- Cookies set by third parties:
- We use the Jetpack service, owned by Automattic Inc., to provide various functions of our site including commenting. If you leave a comment you may login with your WordPress.com, Twitter, Google+ or Facebook account. Those services may set their own cookies to provide this function.
- We use Google’s ReCAPTCHA service to verify if accounts are bots to prevent spam in comments and contact forms.
- Content Management cookies – These are cookies required for the content management system that our web site is based on to work.
- Template preference cookies – These cookies are necessary for mobile sites to enable the site to look and feel the way it is intended to.